Do you want to exit from your rented space hassle-free? Well, organizing your end of lease cleaning Geelong chores is the only way to do this. This will not just keep your problematic landlord on the bay but will also help the new tenants to settle easily at your place after you leave it.
This guide will familiarize you with some crucial steps involved in the end of lease cleaning.
So let’s get started!
1 MONTH before the Lease
- In many places, the lease agreement includes a term that the carpets must be professionally cleaned. So, getting the carpets cleaning by the experts one month before the lease is simply perfect. But, remember to keep an invoice copy.
- Being a tenant, it’s your responsibility to leave the property pest-free. So organize a trained pest control operators to spray the entire property in the next few days.
- If you have a lawn, mow it in a good shape. If you don’t own a mower, book the professionals.
- Cancel the unnecessary utilities
1 WEEK before the Lease
Clean the Inside of your House
- Look at the blinds and curtains. If they are dirty, clean them. It’s a good idea to wipe the Venetian blinds slat by slat. Some curtains cannot be washed, so, in this situation, vacuum cleans them.
- Take off the light fitting, wash, dry, and replace them. Check the light globe whether or not they are working and change the blown globes.
- Clean the ceiling fan or AC. Do the same for smoke or fire alarm.
Clean the Outside of the Property
- Clean your garage, de-grease the floor, remove the cobweb and spray some insect spray outside of your home.
- Get done with the leftover cigarette butts and rubbish and bottle tops
- Cut the bushes, spray the area with weed killer, replace the dead plants, and mow the grass
- Pay attention to the residual oil spill and tyre marks on the driveway. Scrub the driveway if required.
2 DAYS before the Lease
- Clean and disinfect your toilet with cistern, fitting, the pipes, and behind the toilet. Using a disinfectant spray, disposable glove, and paper towel is the best practice.
- Don’t forget to clean the wall tiles by using a cloth or disinfectant spray. Finally, scrub with a toilet bowl and a brush in the inside of the toilet bowl.
- Vacuum the wardrobe and cupboard. Remove any personal poster, hook, or sticky tape. Pay attention to wall marks and try removing them with sugar detergent or soap.
- Clean kitchen, bathroom, laundry areas, and floor
A Day before the Lease
Once everything is done, take a walk through every part of the house along with a checklist to make sure that the property is handover without any tenancy dispute with the rental bond.
Leaving your property in a condition indicates how well you have maintained it over the years and how responsible you are. If you have a hectic job, hire the reliable professionals for end of lease cleaning Geelong. They will take care of everything for you.