Myofascial Therapy is a kind of treatment that is done to straighten up the muscles or tissues so that the body can function in a better and proper manner. These types of therapies are generally done on the horses to regain their strength. The connective tissues in the horses are known as the fascias.
These fascias are spread all over their body in three dimensions. It covers their;
- Blood vessels
- The hooves
This type of treatment helps the horses that have become stiff. Massage is applied on the body of the horses with hands. Massage improves blood circulation, which in turn helps the horses to regain their strength and vitality.
Benefits of Myofascial Therapy
Myofascial Therapy is no doubt one of the best therapies for the horses those are meant for performance. Here follows some of the benefits of this therapy:
- It is one of the advanced techniques that are being used now-a-days to relieve the horses from their stiffness.
- Sustained pressure is applied on the fascias of the horses for a few minutes to relieve them of their stiffness and the pain. Within a few minutes of this therapy one will be able to feel the softness of the muscles that once became stiff.
- With the proper therapy the Neuro-muscular problems get solved and the horses get back their functionality.
Which horses are needed to be given Myofascial Therapy?
Myofascial Therapy can be given to any type of horses. After all it is not at all harmful. Rather it helps to restore the energy and efficiency of the horses. But there are certain symptoms you may notice in your horse when you should take it to the therapist. Here follows some of the symptoms:
- If you notice that your horse is becoming stiff and is not likely to do anything. Even it is not moving properly,and then you must consult a therapist as soon as possible.
- It can happen that due to some injuries during performance or training session, your horse has lost its mobility. At that time, too, it’s better to arrange a therapy for it.
- In case you find that your horse is unwilling to perform or has become irritable then there is a fair chance that t is going through some pain. You need to see a therapist as early as possible.
- Even in case of any normal injury you can give your horse a session of this therapy. This is because, this therapy is harmless and it also helps in lessening any pain in the muscles and tendons of the horses.
How and whom to contact for Myofascial Therapy?
If you find any of the symptoms given above in your horse, you can contact the therapist for a Myofascial Therapy. In this case it is advisable that you should contact any experts who have good knowledge about the vet medicine and the treatment so that, your pet can get better and right treatment and get out of the problem.