In many projects, it may seem impossible to find a closure that works with thin or brittle materials. This is where the rivet nuts with the Rivnut Kit enter, which are also known as blind rivet nuts or threaded inserts. A variation of the standard the rivet nut has a round, ribbed, square or hexagonal tubular body that is internal.
The rivet nut is installed by the Rivnut tool, in cases where only one side of the part is accessible, which makes it incredibly versatile. Mostly, these rivet nuts were sold under the trademark RIVNUT.
Here are some tips for the installation and use of rivet nuts:
Choose the appropriate rivet nuts
There are two types of rivet nuts:
- The first is designed to form a protrusion on the blind side of the application when tightening the bolt, pin or bolt.
- The second is placed in a sleeve and, therefore, does not protrude like the other type.
Here are some styles and features to consider:
- Thick flange: This feature can provide space and a greater expulsion force.
- Wide flange:This feature of the rivet nut offers a large loading surface to reinforce the hole and prevent the rivet nut from being pushed.
- Low profile head:With this function, ensures an installation that is almost or completely flush.
- Open or closed:The Rivnut Kit come in open and closed-end styles, with the latter preventing water and dust from entering the assembly, as in an automotive installation.
More practical than other fasteners
Made of aluminium, stainless steel, steel, brass, the rivet nuts offer a variety of benefits over bolts, self-tapping screws and pressed inserts. In fact, rivet nuts are not affected by heat, unlike other fasteners such as welding nuts. Many times, the installation of rivet nuts is more practical compared to other available fasteners.
Use in innumerable materials
Rivet nuts are reliable, easy-to-install fasteners that can provide strong loading threads in weak or thin gauge materials, such as castings, casings, panels, pipes and extrusions.
In addition, due to its wide grip tolerance range, rivet nuts can be installed in a variety of material thicknesses.
Perfect for your industry
The rivet nuts are also perfect for each stage of production without the need to rework after insertion, even when the workpiece has already been coated or painted.
Use the proper tool
Among the main benefits of rivet nuts is that they offer faster assembly and lower installation costs compared to other fasteners. Because rivet nuts are made to be automated and used in factory settings, electrical installation tools are often mounted on a six-axis robot. But for individual use, you can install rivet nuts using lightweight, easy-to-operate hand tools or air / hydraulic adjustment tools.
Applications of the Rivnut Kit:
- Medical technology
- Installation of solar panels
- Children’s games equipment.
- Aerospace industry
- Swimming pools
- Military vehicles
- Office furniture
- Plastics engineering
The Rivnut tool is the best companion, for the installation of the projects and it requires the rivet nut fastener. To make the job easy, the tool will allow making the tight nut. May it have greater loads than any other sheet in the metal screw, but it is highly recommended.